WILD: Diversity and inclusion in workplace
This month’s meeting was pretty wild, to say the least. We had a great pleasure of welcoming our guest Emma Burdett, founder of Women In Leadership Deliver (WILD) network, who delivered an insightful presentation about the importance and relevance of diversity and inclusion in workplace.
Emma presented the reason behind starting gender-based initiatives in the region and also shared her personal journey of how she overcame significant challenges to embark on an incredible journey of self discovery and courage, which lead her to create WILD.
“According to McKinsey report, $12 trillion could be added to global GDP by 2025 by advancing women’s equality,” Emma explained, and shared some of the latest statistics:
- 13% of Parliament are women
- 16% Corporate top managers and board level women
- 20% Non-profit organizations
- 4% of Fortune 500 CEOs are women
Bringing people together, creating a sense of belongingness and inspiring others to make a difference, are key pillars of WILD, an initiative that will soon have its official launch in Saudi Arabia. For information please call Emma Burdett on +971 55 927 4224 or e-mail: email@example.com .
Build Dubai member’s presentation: Oceanwide Logistics Dubai – Local, Around the World
Paula Bellamy, managing director at OL Dubai and Damian Strauss presented the exciting new chapter for OL Dubai, which takes their international reach further, with more solid foundations and software tools.
2020 has been the year of change and adapting to a different environment, OL Dubai has been listening to what is required and we believe we have the solutions to help,” explained Paula and added: “Today we have 25 offices around the globe, and together with165 exclusive partners we can ensure a stable and efficient network, giving you visability anywhere and anytime.”
Oceanwide Logistics is a freight forwarder that forwards complex shipments fast, safe and efficiently. The logistics network covers land, sea and air. If you have a problem getting anything from A to B, Oceanwide Logistics can solve it,” the team concluded.
Build Dubai members’ news:
Congratulations to Merete Broen and her team at Zen Interiors for winning the International Property Award 2021 for Africa and the Middle East for their stunning residential project on The Palm, Jumeirah.
Dabbagh Architects have been selected to showcase the Mleiha Archaeological Center and Al Ain Museum at the d3 Architecture Festival 2020 held in Partnership with RIBA Gulf Chapter, with support from RIBA.
A big thank you to all our guest attending:
- Samantha Wilkins, Talent & Truth
- Sabine Khün, Talent & Truth
- Mennah Darwish, Select Group
- Damian Strauss, Oceanwide Logistics
- Ivan Zeljkovic, Evans Media
- Glarese Pallipadan, Oryx Door Systems
- Valentina Cereda, Energy & Space
- Polly Archer, Spring Coaching
- Abbas Pirani, ALABS
- Richard Botting, Liberty Building Solutions
- Antonio Gomez, Forma5
- Maja Jovanoska, We Are LXA
- Sarah Jane Grant, We Are LXA
- Jed Cracknell, Cracknell
- Josh Dawson, Contractors.Direct
- Linda Clarke, Pinnacle Interiors
- Rola El Ras, Huda Lighting
- Yeghya Mardirossian, Huda Lighting
- Tanya Karam, Interior TakeOver